Installation Keypoints of Car Intercooler
1. The installation position of the car intercooler
There are three common installation positions for car intercoolers: front-mounted, upper-mounted and side-mounted.
(1) The front-mounted car intercooler is generally installed inside the front bumper, that is, the lower front of the condenser. Among the air-cooled car intercoolers, the front-mounted intercooler has the best heat dissipation effect.
(2) The top-mounted automotive intercooler is generally installed on the upper part of the engine, that is, near the intake manifold. There is an air inlet on the engine compartment cover to facilitate the cooling of the automotive intercooler. Because it is very close to the intake manifold, the turbocharger time lag is relatively well controlled.
(3) The side-mounted automotive intercooler is generally installed on the left inner or right inner side of the front bumper, so it takes up less space on the body.
2. The connecting pipeline of the car intercooler
The overall matching of the connecting pipeline of the car intercooler and the turbocharging system is also the key point that should be paid attention to when installing the car intercooler.
(1) The length of the connecting pipeline of the car intercooler should be as short as possible, and the straight connection should be adopted as much as possible to reduce the bending and inflection points of the pipeline to improve the smoothness of air flow.
(2) The diameter of the outlet connecting pipe of the automobile intercooler should be larger than the diameter of the inlet connecting pipe, because the larger outlet pipe diameter can make the compressed air in the air chambers at both ends of the intercooler flow at a faster speed.
(3) The rubber tube in the connecting pipeline of the car intercooler should be made of 3 or 5 layers of silicone rubber products as far as possible. This kind of rubber tube has very good ductility and will not harden in a high temperature and high pressure environment. The connecting pipes should be fixed with wide stainless steel clamps to avoid the problem of air leakage.