The Methods of Replacing the Antifreeze of the Vehicle Radiator
The full name of antifreeze coolant is antifreeze coolant. As the name implies, it has two main functions. One is antifreeze and the other is cooling. In addition, it also has anti-corrosion and anti-scaling functions. Generally, the antifreeze fluid needs to be replaced every 2 years or about 40,000 kilometers. So how to replace the antifreeze of the vehicle radiator is correct? What is the method of replacing the antifreeze? Next, CBD radiator will introduce some methods of replacing the antifreeze for you.
Ⅰ. How to choose antifreeze for vehicle radiator
Vehicle radiator antifreeze needs to use high-quality products of the same brand and same model. Antifreezes of different brands and colors cannot be mixed. The formula composition may be different. If mixed, multiple chemical components may react, which will affect the effectiveness of the antifreeze of the car radiator for sale.
Ⅱ. The methods of replacing antifreeze of the vehicle radiator
1. Unscrew the water tank cover, open the water tank drain valve, and release the antifreeze.
2. Insert a rubber tube connected to the tap water pipe into the water tank filling port, turn on the tap, and make tap water flow continuously through the engine cooling system.
3. During the flushing operation, make the engine run at idle speed and keep the above operation until the water tank discharges clean water. Turn off the tap, and after the water in the cooling system is exhausted, turn off the water tank drain valve.
4. Replace the antifreeze of the aluminum car radiators and add antifreeze from the water tank filling port to fill the water tank with antifreeze. Unscrew the lid of the liquid storage tank, add antifreeze, and reach the max scale line, be careful not to exceed the max scale line. Cover the water tank cover and the liquid storage tank cover, then tighten them.
5. Start the engine, run at idle speed for 2 to 3 minutes, and unscrew the water tank cover. At this time, the antifreeze level will be lowered because the cooling system has eliminated part of the air. At this time, the antifreeze should be added to make the antifreeze reach the max scale line. Finally, please close the water tank cover.