Materials and Installation of Auto Intercooler Hose
With the development of the automobile industry and stricter environmental protection requirements, the combustion gas containing oil and alcohol in the medium and environment used by the automobile engine enters the entire engine system through the crankcase. However, the car intercooler hose is also of more concern to everyone. Let's take a look at the materials used for the car intercooler hose.
1. Automobile intercooler is one of the important components of turbocharger
When compressing air, high air temperature will cause the air to expand, which will directly affect the amount of mixture entering the cylinder. Therefore, cooling is required before the compressed air enters the cylinder to increase the amount of mixed gas entering the cylinder, so that the charging efficiency is increased and the engine power is enhanced. The intercooler plays the role of cooling air, so that the high temperature air is cooled by the intercooler and then enters the engine. The operating temperature of the air intake hose of the automobile intercooler is as high as 150 ℃ ~ 275 ℃, and its material must meet the excellent high and low temperature performance, good oil resistance and weather resistance.
2. Material of automobile intercooler hose
Among the materials with excellent high temperature resistance such as silicone rubber, acrylate rubber, fluorosilicone rubber, and fluorine rubber, the material that does not have good oil resistance is silicone rubber, but silicone rubber is the cheapest among these four materials. Among them, acrylic acid The price of ester rubber, fluorosilicone rubber, and fluororubber is about 2 times, 17 times, and 6 times that of silica gel, respectively. In this way , if fluorosilicone rubber or fluororubber is selected as the rubber material in the intake hose of the automobile intercooler in the closed structure oil and gas separation system, there is no cost advantage, but the high temperature resistance of acrylate rubber is only about 175 ℃, which is only suitable for small horsepower. That is, on an engine with a displacement of 1.5T.
3. Installation of automobile intercooler hose
The role of the intercooler hose : the high-temperature air compressed in the turbocharger is sent to the intercooler. With the improvement of the heat resistance requirements of the supercharger system , the material of the intercooler intake pipe is changed from the previous silicone rubber to Fluorine rubber with better heat resistance. In addition , since the blow-by gas reduction device reduces oil, etc. to the intake side , the requirement for oil resistance is also improved. The role of the intercooler is to reduce the intake air temperature of the engine. So why lower the intake air temperature?
(1) Because some automobile hoses are installed on the bottom of the car, the hoses should be as far away as possible from the heat radiating components during installation, and heat shields should be installed if necessary.
(2) We should maintain the hose reasonably, try to avoid friction during use, and avoid external damage to the hose, such as long-term friction on the surface of the same component during use.
(3) Check the position of the hose as much as possible when installing it on the car. Only by ensuring that the hose is installed in the correct position can the torsional deformation of the hose be avoided.
(4) Although some automobile hoses are relatively soft, the hoses cannot be bent excessively when they are installed. We must install them by specialized personnel and cannot bend them at the root, which will damage its surface structure.
With the development of the automobile industry, it has developed from traditional materials to new modified materials. The application of high-reliability and low-cost polymer materials has also promoted the further development of the automobile industry. We hope that the information on the materials used for the car intercooler hose can be helpful to everyone.