The Function and Installation Method of Vehicle Radiator
Ⅰ. The important role of vehicle radiators for cars
Automobile radiators belong to the automobile cooling system. The radiator in the engine water cooling system is composed of three parts: the water inlet chamber, the water outlet chamber, the central fin, and the radiator core. The radiator cools the coolant that has reached a high temperature. When the tubes and fins of the radiator are exposed to the airflow generated by the cooling fan and the airflow generated by the vehicle's movement, the coolant in the radiator becomes cold.
In order to ensure the cooling effect, the automobile cooling system is generally composed of a radiator, thermostat, cylinder headwater channel, cylinder water channel, water pump, fan, and so on. The car radiator is responsible for the cooling of circulating water. Its water pipes and radiating fins are mostly made of aluminum. The aluminum water pipes are made into a flat shape, and the radiating fins are corrugated, which pays attention to the heat dissipation performance. The radiator has the function of water storage and heat dissipation. An air vapor valve is arranged on the car radiator cover, and a typical air hole is communicated with the atmosphere.
Automobile radiators should have sufficient heat dissipation and long service life in a limited space. So the entire radiator assembly must reduce raw material consumption, improve production technology and structure, reduce production costs, and achieve thin-wall, light-weight, and high-efficiency. At the welding part, the method of expanding the welding area should be adopted to reduce the stress. For example, the main piece and the water chamber adopt the narrow groove form of double-sided welding to reduce the wall thickness as much as possible. Increasing the wall thickness is not allowed to improve the assembly strength.
Ⅱ. Installation method of vehicle radiators
1. Preparatory work: Open the radiator package, check the quality of the car radiator, and whether the accessories are complete (hanging and running wind plug).
2. Install the inlet valve and the return valve. Fixed pendant: Use a level to measure the position of the radiator. Place the radiator steadily, and connect the valve connector with the inlet and outlet valves.
3. Use a spirit level to measure whether the car radiator is straight and whether the pipeline installation or modification meets the requirements; after reaching satisfaction, use the tube.
4. Pressure test: Close the main pipe connection valve, close the radiator inlet and return valve for pressure collapse test. The test pressure should be 1.5 times the working pressure of the radiator and not less than the test pressure of the entire community pipe network. If there is no leakage within 3-5 minutes, it is qualified.
5. If your installation project has not been completed, please use the original packaging to protect the car radiator.